Nowadays, spine problems such as lower back pain and inflammation have become a common issue, and people of every age group seem to be affected by it.
The only two things that are proven to help a patient who is experiencing problems with their spine are surgery and time. If your body doesn’t fix it naturally, then surgery becomes the only option. Usually, the vast majority of patients with spine problems are treated in a non-surgical and conservative fashion, but many such patients do opt for spine surgery in later years. Doctors rarely recommend patients to try home exercise, medication, physical therapy, and spinal injections before considering surgery.
When should one go for a Spine Surgery in India
If a person has some issue in spinal cord related to back pain, neck pain or possess any weakness in arm or leg or limb and has tried every conservative treatment including medicines, exercises, massage but have been unsuccessful, then he/she is being recommended by physicians to go for a spine surgery
What is Laser Spine Surgery?
Laser Spine Surgery is revolutionary and modern technologies that aim to reduce pain with minimal loss of blood. It is being done to treat a herniated disc, bulging disc, spinal stenosis, spinal arthritis, and such other spinal issues.
It is a minimally invasive procedure that treats painful spine conditions. Laser Surgery is being done by making small incisions in the spine to have minimum blood loss. It is that endoscopic alternative that has replaced traditional methods of spine surgeries. Laser light beams are being used to remove bone spurs in herniated disc problems.
Advantages of Laser Spine Surgery:
- Fast recovery
- Better success rates
- Minimal blood loss
- Patient satisfaction
- Lower risks involved
- Minimum complications
- Lower infection rate
Traditional Spine Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery: A comparison
Spine surgery in India has been growing in terms of the number of operations and technology. Before pursuing spine surgery, there are many questions to consider. Whether to opt for a non-surgical or surgical one? If surgical, then it should be minimally invasive spine surgery or traditional spine surgery?
Traditional spine surgery involves the complete exposure of anatomy. On the other hand, for conducting minimal spine surgery, less anatomy is done for more natural recovery of patients. Minimally invasive surgery puts lesser stress on the body than traditional spine surgery by using a very small incision. On the other hand, traditional surgery involves a larger surface area where there is a greater disruption of muscle, tissue, and other associated structures.
It is a known fact that some conditions can only be fixed with traditional spine surgery. Whether minimally invasive or traditional, the goal of conducting surgery is the same, that is for the long-term benefit and relief. If your surgeon believes that your back pain problem can be fixed with minimally invasive spine surgery, he will surely recommend you the same as it will put less stress on your body and is ultimately the better choice.
Not only best spine hospitals in India but also many small and medium spine hospitals in India provide such treatment.
What is Scoliosis Spine Surgery
In simple terms, Scoliosis Surgery is an updated version of spine Surgery, which is being done primarily for children to improve their body posture. Scoliosis Spine Surgery of the spine is being done with the help of screws, rods, wires, and nuts to provide support to spine bone and thus improving the body posture. Along with the spine, sometimes the surgeons perform bone grafting over the spine too.
Scoliosis Spine Surgery is affordable in India, but its cost varies due to the following factors:
- Condition of the patient
- Spinal disorder complexity
- The use of material for Scoliosis Surgery
- Price of materials used
- Choice of surgeon and hospital.
Spine Surgery In India: Why
Indian Healthcare tourism has gained leverage, and as per the medical statistics, India is ranked under the top 5 medical tourism cities for medical tourists and foreign medicine investors.
India is being known for its medical excellence for economic spine surgery due to the following factors:
- India is known for its renowned and effective treatments of complex diseases like cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, orthopedic surgery, transplants, ophthalmology, and urology, to name a few and now spine surgery is also coming up in the list.
- Indian Spine Hospitals offer services ranging from general medicine & surgery for every normal disease to any major complications.
- Language is not the communication barrier as the English language is widely used in the country, and is also the second preference of many citizens after Hindi, the best spine hospitals in India surely have a qaulified staff who can communicate in English.
- Among the best Spine Surgeons who have a record of the maximum success rate in performing scoliosis spine surgery, are from India as well.
- The medical expenses in other countries are too high, and keeping this in mind. The top spine hospitals in India are welcoming the people of other countries to cure their disease as they offer services with international quality standards at a very affordable price.
Surgery is a controlled trauma. Top spine surgeons in India believe in giving you maximum benefit as a patient while minimizing the trauma of surgery. So if there is a tool or technique that allows them to do that more effectively, spine surgery hospitals in India will be equipped with it. Femicure tries to offer you the best spine surgeons and hospitals.